Worst. Heroes. Ever.
With less than two months from release, Warner Brothers and DC Films have released four new TV spots, SDCC info, MPAA rating, a new batch of character portraits and stills. Check it out!
Here are a batch of new TV spots featuring snippets of new footage from the upcoming DC Film, ‘Suicide Squad.’
‘Suicide Squad’ Has Officially Been Rated:
The movie has recently been given a PG-13 rating from the Motion Picture Association of America. The MPAA’s reason for the rating was “sequences of violence and action throughout, disturbing behavior, and suggestive content and language.”
According to Entertainment Weekly, director David Ayer was aiming for a lower rating and plans to make an R-Rated sequel.
“For an R movie, you have to decide to do it right out the gate, and that was never the case here,” Ayer said in April at CinemaCon. “We were always going to hit the PG-13 rating. But the film is meant to be that. It’s got edge, and it’s got attitude. And it’s got its own voice … There’s a lot in the film that’s going to surprise people.”
‘Suicide Squad’ is heading to SDCC:
DC’S ‘WORST OF THE WORST’ SUPER-VILLAINS TAKE OVER THIS YEAR’S COMIC-CON
BURBANK, CA – In anticipation of the upcoming Warner Bros. Pictures’ high-octane actioner “Suicide Squad,” heading into theaters everywhere on August 5, DC’s massive team of Super-Villains will invade this year’s Comic-Con International: San Diego with a major presence both on and off the main floor, including appearances by the film’s stars.
Highlights of the convention’s “Suicide Squad” events include:
• Fans are invited to enter DC All Access’s (DCAA) “Suicide Squad” online Cosplay Contest starting Thursday, June 9, with their best Squad-inspired look as Deadshot, the Joker, Harley Quinn, Colonel Rick Flag, Amanda Waller, Captain Boomerang, Diablo, Killer Croc, Enchantress, Slipknot or Katana.
• Eleven winners, selected by visitors to the site, will then receive an all-expenses-paid trip for four days and three nights to San Diego and passes to the Con, where they will take part in a range of Warner Bros.’ “Suicide Squad” activities throughout the weekend.
• Details are now on www.dccomics.com/squadup, Twitter and Instagram.
BUST INTO BELLE REVE!
• Every day of the Con, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., have an immersive “Suicide Squad” experience when we transform 6000 square feet of San Diego’s Hard Rock Hotel into the infamous Belle Reve penitentiary—the very place where the “worst of the worst” were incarcerated before forming the Suicide Squad.
• Take part in a live-action virtual reality experience, fighting alongside Squad members in a scene from the film.
• Get your own “Suicide Squad” skull “ink” at Harley Quinn’s tattoo parlor.
• Take photo ops in a re-creation of one of Belle Reve’s jail cells.
GET UP CLOSE WITH THE “SUICIDE SQUAD”
• Catch “Suicide Squad” talent as part of the big Warner Bros. Pictures’ exclusive presentation in Hall H, additional details of which are forthcoming, and connect with them directly at the DC booth, where stars of the film will meet fans and sign movie posters.
• The cast will also make a special ensemble appearance on Saturday, July 23 to tape “CONAN,” which will air that evening at 11 p.m. ET/PT on TBS.
New Stills, via Cinema Teaser magazine:
It feels good to be bad… Assemble a team of the world’s most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government’s disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren’t picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it’s every man for himself?
Written and Directed by David Ayer. Produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle. Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Colin Wilson and Geoff Johns are serving as executive producers.
Stars: Will Smith as Floyd Lawton/Deadshot, Jared Leto as The Joker, Margot Robbie as Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn, Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg, Jai Courtney as George “Digger” Harkness/Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevingne as June Moone/Enchantress, Ike Barinholtz as Dr. Hugo Strange, Jim Parrack as Jonny Frost/Pseudo Joker, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Waylon Jones/Killer Croc, Jay Hernandez as El Diablo, Adam Beach as Christopher Weiss/Slipknot, Karen Fukuhara as Katana, Raymond Olubowale as Nanaue/King Shark, Common in an undisclosed role. Jesse Eisenberg is also expected to reprise his upcoming role as Lex Luthor.
‘Suicide Squad’ is set to be released on August 5th, 2016.